The skin is the largest organ in the body with the job of protecting the body from trauma and outside dangers, regulating temperature, and sensing pain. Like with any other organ, it is good practice to pay attention and nurture its health. Your epidermis is also the last place that your body will tell you whether or not something is going on with the inside of your body. Rashes, blemishes, or any other irritations are a trigger that something is wrong beneth.
One way to help take care of your skin is to start a daily routine of dry brushing your skin in the morning before taking a bath or shower.
Dry brushing, appropriately enough, is exactly what it sounds like – the brushing of the skin with a dry brush! I know, sounds weird, but ya’ll this has some MAJOR benefits! The process removes dry, dead skin cells, leaving the skin fresh and new.
You may be thinking that adding another step to your already busy routine is too much, but besides the baby-soft skin, the benefits of dry brushing go beyond just your skin.
Here are some of the incredible benefits:
The lymphatic system is comprised of a series of nodes throughout the body that are connected to one another by lymph vessels. The nodes contain immune cells that help fight infection within the body or keep harmful substances out. Dry brushing can help to stimulate the lymphatic system to help the body detoxify.
Dry brushing with a natural bristle-brush helps to remove dead skin cells for softer, more vibrant skin.
Natural Energy Boost
Dry brushing is said to increase circulation, which in turn leads to a nice post-brush energy boost. Maybe not at night, though!
Also, when done properly, dry brushing feels great!
When shopping for a dry brush you want to look for a brush with natural fibers. Maybe ask in the beauty section at your favorite store if you are having a hard time locating one. Or you can always find one online by searching: ‘natural dry brush for skin’
Once you have yours, try this method to get the softest, smoothest skin:
- Start at the feet and brush in an upward motion, covering each section up your leg with 10 long, smooth strokes. To activate that lymphatic system, it is recommended that all strokes along the body be guided toward the heart or the center of the body.
- Repeat this process with the arms by starting at the hands and moving up toward the shoulders, brushing each section 10 times.
- For the torso and underarms, brush in a circular clockwise motion.
- For the face, a more delicate, face specific brush is required as the body brush will be too harsh.
Note: Brushing too hard can cause the skin to turn red or sting. Your strokes should be smooth and soft. It is uncomfortable, you are doing it too hard.
THE RIGHT FOODS FOR YOUR SKIN:
As always, you are what you eat, what you are putting into your body is a big representation of what your skin looks like on the outside. If you are noticing some funky stuff going on with your skin, start paying attention to what you are consuming into your gut. Try to change up your diet. Eat all natural, non-processed foods! Here are some amazing foods to help make your skin feel and look great all year long.
- Bitter Greens (arugula, dandelion, and nettle)
- Herbs (schisandra, ginger, turmeric, and burdock)
- Sea Veggies (seaweed)
- Raw Fats (Egg yolks and avocado)
- Bone Broth
- Sulfur foods (onions, garlic, pine needles, radishes, durian, pine nuts, and aloe vera)
- Probiotic Foods (If you want to learn all about probiotic foods, check out The Definite Guide to Fermented Foods.)
- Citrus (Grapefruit, oranges, limes and lemons)
THE ANTI-FUNK SKIN CREAM:
Do you have some funk going on currently? Along with eating a healthy diet, try this anti-funk skin cream. Check out my results!
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well for 1-2 minutes. Put cream in a glass container with a tight fitting lid. Apply to skin as needed.
Yield: 2 oz.
Don’t wanna buy everything for the Anti-Funk Cream?
Get yours for $8. Email me or call to place your order.
We are motivated to educate as many people as possible which is why we host many events at our office. From in-person educational experiences to virtual webinars and even parties to celebrate our patients, we encourage everyone to get involved with all of our offerings. Take a look at all of our exciting events here: garrettnrach.synduit.com
The Enlightened Entrepreneur
Call Us Here: 2104786667
Check Out Our Website: https://