How to Use Essential Oils Aromatically
Using essential oils aromatically can influence you in a myriad of ways. Traditionally, aromatic usage has been aimed at improving a person’s mood. A better and more stable temperament can have countless benefits on your life, every single day. Direct inhalation of doTERRA’s® Elevation or Citrus Bliss® first thing in the morning can help you wake up and motivate you to take on the day’s tasks. Diffuse essential oils with distinct top notes such as Eucalyptus and Basil throughout the day to keep you productive at work. A quick breath of Peppermint can give you the boost to make it through a tough workout. Diffusing Lavender or Vetiver at night, or adding a few drops to your pillow, can help you prepare for the restful sleep you require to get through the ensuing day. Using essential oils aromatically can be the boost you need to get through the normal stresses of day-to-day life.
- Always be sure that you are in a ventilated room before using EO’s.
- Be aware of others around you before using EO. Others may have a sensitivity even if you don’t.
- Best to take one deep breath of EO and waiting at least 30 mins to see if you have a reaction, before continuing to use EO.
- Use cation with EO’s. First be sure that you do not have a reaction to the oil before using it in a diffuser.
- Be sure your diffuser has intermittent settings, oils are diffused with at least a 30 second pause if you’re diffusing EOs for long periods of time.
- Be sure follow blends from trusted sites, don’t just use any blend that you
- If using a blend for the first time it is best to only use 3-5 total drops of EO before adding more.
- The best dosage for aromatic use of EO is smaller doses implemented multiple times throughout the day.
- Avoid having infants or young children inhale oils at a close distance.
- Infants, small children, elderly. Use 1 drop of EO in a diffuser, then you can build up. (INFANTS USUALLY BEST TO STAY WITH 1 DROP).
- Avoid directly hovering longer than 10 mins over a diffuer.
3 Helpful Blends
Fight the Afternoon Slump
2 drops Lemongrass
4 drops Wintergreen
3 drops Wild Orange
Kick Back and Relax
3 drops Lavender
3 drops Vetiver
4 drops Cedarwood
Feel Good Blend
3 drops Bergamot
3 drops Wild Orange
1–2 drops Ylang Ylang
2 drops Spearmint
1. Diffuse a few drops in the morning, throughout the day, or right before going to bed.
2. Place a drop in your palm, rub the palms together, and inhale.
3. Drip 2–3 drops onto the floor of the hot shower, away from the water path, and breathe in.
4. Add to household surface cleaners, or to a load of laundry.
5. Add a couple of drops to pillows and bed linens.