Thrilling Thursday!

Dose of the Daily Word

1 Corinthians 14:40

40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

Titus 1:5-9

Appointing Elders Who Love What Is Good

5 The reason I left you in Crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished and appointa]”>[a]”>aa]”>] elders in every town, as I directed you. 6 An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believeb]”>[b]”>bb]”>] and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7 Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Reflection

The theme for the week has been structure and organization. God created the universe with laws and structure. Everything that surrounds us is bound by his rules. According to Scripture, God has instituted authority structures in the spheres of marriage, parenting, the church and the state. While sinful self-centeredness has led to frequent abuse of authority within these spheres, these structures have proven necessary to stem the tide of anarchy and lawlessness that would otherwise prevail in a society of fallen people. For me, I aspire to be everything that is written in Titus 1:5-9. As Christians, our goal is to be the example. Our lives should show the glory of God in our actions. People of the world should look at us and wonder why we are always so dang happy! I’m happy because I know how the game ends and we win. So, keep fighting the good fight of faith and be the light for others who are in the dark.

Daily Workout – Down to the Core

Natural solutions – Let’s Break it down!

So, by now you are probably working hard at trying to maintain not only a daily exercise routine, but also trying to manage eating a healthier diet. Research indicates that although working out does do amazing things for our bodies, it only really accounts for about 20% of the overall change we are striving for! I know what you’re thinking… “seriously, my legs are THIS sore, for only 20%? You’ve got to be kidding me!” Unfortunately, I am NOT joking! Don’t get me wrong, Exercise IS important, but it is not the foundation. The foundation, my friends is DIET! Yep, the food you consume is the other 80%!

So, since 80% is food, let’s go ahead and commit to eating only good, natural, non-processed foods! Let’s cook every meal from scratch and start growing our own produce, so we know without a doubt that it’s organic. Heck, let’s even get some chickens, and a few cows! — OR— let’s be real and NOT break our backs, instead, let’s just get something that will help us BREAK down the foods we eat! Check out today’s hack on the Natural Solutions – Break it Down Now! page for an “awesome” digestive enzyme that helps boost your metabolism without you having to turn into Old McDonald (EI EI Ooo).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *